A healthy diet is important for people. It is important to take care of the food that you eat if you want to gain weight. Eating extra calories, ice cream, and fast or junk food can also increase weight. But still, it is important to follow a nutritious diet that adds pounds to your weight and meets your nutritional needs at the same time.
Raisins provide several nutritional benefits, increase the calories in the body, and result in weight gain.
Weight gain, raisins and calories
Usually, the weight gain depends on your calories in and calories out. You should eat 250 to 500 calories if you want to maintain your healthy weight.
It surplus the calories translate from 0.5 to 1.0 pounds of weight gain every week. Raisins are an important source of calories, so it helps you to reach calorie goals for weight gain. A half cup of regular raisins or seedless goldens without packing is equal to 218 calories upon measurement.
If you want to enjoy raisins at the top of your meal plan daily, then you should hit the 250-calorie surplus goal without making any changes to your regular diet.
How raisins help you to gain weight
Mostly, all weight-gain diets are made up of healthy foods. So, it is important to intake food that is rich in nutrients, minerals, and vitamins with calories.
- Raisins are a good source of nutrients that add nutritional value to your diet plan.
- A half cup of raisins delivers 16% of the daily potassium value. Potassium maintains the electrolyte balance of your body and keeps the muscles and nerve health good. Potassium also helps to maintain cellular metabolism.
- Raisins ensure that you get a sufficient amount of copper in your weight gain diet. Copper helps to activate the proteins, called enzymes, and permits your cells to function properly.
- Copper-based enzymes play an important role in maintaining brain health and nerve function and also promote healthy connective tissues.
- A half cup of raisins provides you with 12 % of copper and maintains your brain health and nerve working.
How to serve raisins to gain weight
You can easily gain weight by taking raisins as a source of protein because raisins can provide you with nutritional benefits. Moreover, the raisins also come with muscle-building benefits at every meal.
As per experts, it is suggested to mix the raisins into a container of green yoghurt or cheese. Use some full spoons of raisins if you want to add sweetness to tuna salad sandwiches, chicken or wraps. You can use protein powder instead of flour if you want to make high-protein raisin muffins.
List of benefits of eating raisins
As raisins are loaded with nutrients, vitamins, and minerals and help you to increase your calories intake, there are many benefits of raisins as follows as
- Prevents anaemia
Raisins are rich in iron and play an important role in preventing anaemia. Along with iron, raisins consist of vitamins and copper that help to make more red blood cells in your body.
- Promote digestion
Raisins are loaded with fibre and are good for your digestive health. It helps you to increase stool and prevents constipation conditions. Intake of raisins regularly helps to speed up your digestion process and gut bacteria.
- Reduce the heart disease risk.
According to a study, eating raisins helps you to reduce the risk of developing diseases that occur by reducing blood sugar levels and blood pressure. Raisins are rich in potassium amount which relaxes your body vessels and saves you from stroke or heart disease.
- Protect skin and eye health.
Raisins have come with antioxidant properties that protect cells in the skin and eye from radical damage. It reduces the risk of cataracts and macular degeneration. Moreover, raisins also help to keep your skin younger for a long time, without any fine lines.
Here is how the raisins are helpful for your weight gain. You can use the raisins in your food in above mentioned amount to get the benefits.