In the recent few years, Haryana is heading in the path of mapping itself as a new educational center of India. Due to this emerging growth in the Haryana education sector, programs like B.Ed in Haryana are expected to become a more lucrative career option. With the new education policy to be implemented in all the schools and colleges in India, opportunities in the education sector are sure to increase.

After completing a two-year B.Ed program in Haryana, a candidate can appear for manifold state government teacher exams or become a specialized teacher of his subject in any private institution. In Haryana even applying for a B.Ed program is much easier than in other states as a candidate doesn’t have to appear for an entrance test to get admission into your desired B.Ed college. 

A to Z Information About B.Ed in Haryana

  • Eligibility: Only the candidates who fulfill the Haryana B.Ed eligibility can apply for the B.Ed program. Some basic eligibility criteria to apply for a B.Ed program in Haryana is getting at least 50% marks either in graduation or post-graduation. For reserved candidates, this minimum graduation percentage is 47.5%. For applying for a B.Ed program, you don’t need to apply for any entrance examination, instead, you get a college on the basis of your marks in graduation or post-graduation.
  • Application Form: Every year, the application form for the Haryana B.Ed program is released in the month of June/July. All the eligible & interested candidates are required to apply in the List of B.Ed Colleges in Haryana approved by the state government. In the application form, a candidate is required to fill the preference of his desired colleges, if he meets the eligibility, he is allocated that college.
  • Reservation: In the B.Ed program in Haryana, a reservation of 15% is given to the other states aspirants while 85% of seats are reserved for Haryana residents. After considering all the reservation factors, a merit list is made for all the selected candidates, and B.Ed colleges are allocated to them as per their score of their graduation/post-graduation.
  • Verification: Once a candidate is allocated a college as per the merit list of the candidates based on their graduation score, they are to appear in the allotted college for counseling and verification of his documents. If a candidate fails to reach his allotted college, that seat may be allocated to other candidates as per their merit score.
  • Compulsory Vs Optional Subjects: In the Haryana B.Ed program, usually, there is a minimum of 3 compulsory subjects and two optional subjects which you have to choose from your graduation subjects. These three compulsory subjects include contemporary India & Education, Childhood & Growing Up, and Teaching & Learning. For the remaining two optional subjects, you have to choose from the list of the subjects available in the B.Ed curriculum of Haryana.Choosing the Best B.Ed college: There may be many colleges that may not have your desired subjects in their B.Ed curriculum. Or, there can be certain B.Ed colleges that lack the basic infrastructure to provide quality education. You will be devoting your precious 2 years of life to a college, therefore, it is always advisable to research well before you fill your preference form and choose your desired college from the List of B.Ed Colleges in Haryana.
  • Career Options After B.Ed in Haryana: Though there is nothing nobler than a teaching profession, there are other career options too after a B.Ed program in Haryana. Apart from becoming a teacher, you can also choose various career options like counselor, librarian, education researcher, become a college administrator, or appear for other top-rank government exams like SSC, UPSC, A-grade Professor, etc. 

Haryana B.Ed program is one of the cost-effective and simplest in India. Nevertheless, keep all the points mentioned in the article to take an aware decision while applying for the B.Ed program in Haryana.